Every year for Mother’s Day I love pulling together a brunch spread for everyone. It’s always so much fun to put together but there are a lot of details that go into it, from decor, food to DRINKS! Now I usually alter this to whatever my mom is into that year. My mom has been into a Bloody Mary kick so I’ll definitely make that but below are some of my other favorite drinks!
How are you showing your love on Mother’s Day?
Rose Champagne Cocktail:
• Start with 1/2 oz. St. Germain at the bottom of your flute
• Add Gruet Rose until flute is 3/4 full
• Top with Topo Chico
• Add lime circle for garnish
Makes 8 flutes
- 1 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 1/3 cup orange-flavored liqueur, such as Cointreau or Grand Marnier
- 1 bottle (750 ml) Champagne or other dry white sparkling wine, chilled
- 24 ounces ginger ale, chilled
Low Calorie Moscato Wine Spritzer:
- 1 Bottle of Mirassou Moscato Wine
- 1 Bottle of Seltzer Water
- 1 Cup of Diced Strawberries
- Sliced Lemons
Blood Orange Bloody Mary:
- Use lime juice to add sea salt to the rim of your glass.
- In each glass, combine four parts tomato juice, juice of one blood orange (save one slice for the garnish), one shot vodka, juice of 1/2 lime, 1 teaspoon tabasco, 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir and add a blood orange slice and a piece of celery for garnish.
Kiwi Blueberry Mojito:
- 6 kiwis, peeled and cut in half or quartered
- 4 kiwis, peeled and sliced – to be used as garnishes
- 6 ounces of blueberries, to be crushed
- 6 ounce of blueberries, to be kept whole as garnishes
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice, from 1-2 limes
- ½ cup sugar, adjust to taste
- 4 ounce pack of mint, leaves only
- 1 ½ – 2 cups of sparkling water
- 1 to 1 ½ cups of rum, adjust based on your preference
- Ice as needed
- Sugar to decorate glass rims
Limoncello and Prosecco Cooler:
Taking me back to Italy!
Serves 2 drinks
- Fresh raspberries (approximately 5 per cocktail)
- A couple of sprigs of mint
- 4 oz cold sparkling wine or lemon flavored sparkling mineral water
- 2 oz Limoncello liqueur, cold (keep in the freezer)
- Put your glasses in the freezer if possible, or at least the fridge so that they are cold.
- Put the raspberries on a plate; separated from each other and place in the freezer at least 15 minutes before serving time.
- Gently ‘smush’ a couple of small mint leaves and add to each glass along with 5-6 of the frozen raspberry ice cubes.
- Add limoncello, then the sparkling wine or water.
Citrus Champagne Sangria:
- 4 cups freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 cup ginger ale
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 blood orange, thinly sliced
- 3 clementines, thinly sliced
- 1 honey crisp apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- pinch of salt
- 1 bottle of chilled champagne
- Prepare simple syrup by stirring sugar and water until sugar completely dissolves. Keep in refrigerator to chill while prepping other ingredients.
- In a tall pitcher, add all fruits, grapefruit juice, salt, simple syrup and ginger ale. Chill in refrigerator for a few hours, preferably overnight.
- To serve, add sangria and top it with champagne!
I say try them all!!